Support HollyRod Foundation
The HollyRod Foundation began because of a father and because of a son. It began as a personal journey of hope and became a mission to support every parent and every child living with autism or Parkinson's Disease.
Did you know...
- A new Centers for Disease Control report shows an alarming increase in children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. In 2012, the data showed 1 in 88 children was living with autism, now it is 1 in 68.
- Autism presents a myriad of challenges for a child on the spectrum but the inability to effectively communicate is one of the biggest hurdles.
- For many of these children, a tablet is essential for them to connect with their families, to communicate their thoughts, their wants and needs. Some children are able to transition to verbal communication with specially designed software.
- Without a tablet, a non-verbal child has no resources to communicate with family or educators, has no outlet for their emotions and thoughts, has no way to learn the basic skills needed to become a self-sufficient adult.
- Through the Gift of Voice program,your donation opens up a completely new world of possibilities for these children.
- Parkinson's Disease is listed as the 14th leading cause of death in the United States.*
- As the population ages, more cases of Parkinson's are diagnosed every day. HollyRod provides compassionate care to Parkinson's patients and we support vital research for treatment and a cure.
Autism and Parkinson’s Disease affects every segment of the population, it has no racial, gender or economic boundaries. When you support the HollyRod Foundation, you support the child seated next to yours, the family down the street, your best friend’s father.You support people you know, people like you.
*Center for Disease Control www.cdc.gov